Our mission is to complement the development efforts of the Government of The Gambia and other national partners through our holistic and integrated Social and Economic Empowerment Program geared towards improving the quality of life of the most vulnerable and marginalized people, especially women and girls, in targeted rural and urban communities.
To attain our mission, we:
- Empower communities through the provision of information, knowledge and skills on pertinent, critical and emerging issues relating to their health, economy, rights, civic responsibilities, and environment
- Create awareness and sensitivity on socio-economic and political issues, facilitate groups to define issues collectively as well as strategize and implement action plans around those issues
- Provide quality and affordable preventive and clinical health services at urban, peri-urban and rural levels
- Develop action research projects based on emerging issues while identifying, documenting and preserving practices and systems that have in the past maintained healthy and conducive environment for peace, human development and productive activities
- Advocate and lobby for the rights of women and children